Thursday, April 12, 2012

Holy Crap I'm a slacker

Ok, so I know it's been like a really long time since I've posted.  I've actually made a few things and just haven't written anything about them.  One reason being I just wasn't too excited about the last few things I've whipped up in the kitchen.  Not very inspiring I guess.  Anther reason is we've just had a lot going on lately and the last is...well...I've been a slacker.  So the long awaited continuance of the "B" section of this book...


Coco-Almond Biscotti pg. 46  (bee SKAWT tee)  Twice-baked Italian-style cookies made by baking dough as a loaf, and then slicing the loaf and baking the slices.  The cookies are very crunchy , which makes them perfect for dipping into coffee.

Cocoa-Almond Biscotti
I've never been a fan of biscotti.  I guess I was expecting this recipe to change my mind.  You know how sometimes when you make a dish, or pastry or whatever, that you don't normally like, when you make it yourself it somehow taste like the best thing on the planet?  Well that wasn't the case here.  However it did not stop me from mindlessly eating them.  So they weren't like terrible, just not my cup of tea...or should I say coffee?  Making them slightly soggy in a hot cup of coffee wan't too bad if I do say so myself.   And I think if I had dipped them in a chocolate coating they would be soooo much better!  Almost anything dipped in chocolate is better, duh.  But, I digress.  Now they were pretty.  I don't know if you can see in the picture, but you could see the slices of almonds in the cookies, so they do make for a good presentation.  I just wasn't very excited about these.  Not excited enough to run and blog about them as soon as they came out of the oven.  Obviously.  So here I am like 2 months later.  Better late then never, right?  And on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment